Sep 21 , 2018
Protective styles let naturalistas live their best life...seriously. A style that allows low manipulation is convenient and it allows your hair grow uninterrupted. But, protective style or not you still needs moisture. Water is moisture. Herbal hair tea is water. Therefore herbal hair tea is moisture. But not just moisture it is SUPER CONCENTRATED herbal moisture. Instead of just plain water you're giving your hair water that has been steeped in ingredients such as black tea to reduce shedding, green tea to promote growth, horsetail to strenghten hair, neem for moisture, rosehips to stimulate the scalp or dozens of other ingredients found in Botanicals Beauty Hair Tea Conditioners.
Here's a recipe to help nourish and penetrate the hair while protective styles. It's a go to for me when wearing braids and wigs.
Botanicals Beauty Marjoram + Honey "Moisture" Hair Tea Ingredients:
- Ceylon Black Tea: blocks DHT (the hormone responsible for hair loss), reduces shedding
- Marshmallow Root: adds slip to prevent breakage, detangles hair
- Organic Ginger Root: promotes growth, treats brittle hair, makes hair soft & shiny, increases scalp circulation
- Honey Powder: humectant, hydrates, locks in moisture
- Organic Marjoram: anti-inflammatory
Other Recommended Ingredients:
- Water: necessary to moisturize the hair
- Aloe Vera Gel: heals the scalp and smoothes the hair cuticle
- Argan + Bamboo Hair Oil: made from argan oil and bamboo extract to stimulate the scalp, strenghten the hair shaft, and give your hair a silica boost naturally
- Evening Primrose Oil: helps with hair loss, combats dandruff; combats scalp inflammation; improves hair texture; promotes hair growth. It contains omega-6 fatty acids and gamma-linolenic acid.
- Avocado Oil: penetrates the hair shaft for intense deep conditioning and moisturizing. High in monosaturated fatty acids and rich in lecithin, Vitamins A, D, E, B6, protein, magnesium, iron, copper, folic acid, and amino acids. It has the ability to nourish and combat dry, brittle hair.